Friday, May 11, 2007

The tomboy...

So,

I'm almost done with finals, which mean...drum roll please....more frequent posts! Yaayyyyy!!! I've missed my readers! :( Nothing much has been going on that's blog worthy because, alas, I've been running back and forth on about 4 hours of sleep for the last week trying to get through my tests.

But, I need advice:

Today, I began watching One Tree Hill today with Bible Thumper and Instigator, and it was surprisingly good. So good that we watched one full season and are almost done with another. I don't think I'm hooked or anything, but it was something to do outside of being stuck in my room with my Spanish book in my face. However, when I called Boyfriend to tell him what we were doing, he laughed.

"Wow," he said, "I didn't think you were the type to watch One Tree Hill..."

"What's wrong with watching that?" I asked, befuddled.

"Nothing," he said, still chuckling. "But, One Tree Hill's so....girly girly..."

"And?"

"And....you're not....all girly girly....you're the type to watch an action flick or something..."

Readers, the killing part is that it's true! I am the perfect hardened tom-boy. I mean, I don't get physical with guys or anything, but I was never considered pretty or popular enough in high school to get a date so I was always "one of the guys". I was the outspoken, loud, opinionated, hardcore girl (I don't need anyone! was, and still is, my favorite personal saying, right along with Fuck 'em!) that never had her hair perfect (or done, for that matter), nails were always looking like...well, like I was working in construction, clothes always loose-fitting, shoes always scuffed...the list goes on and on. But I didn't care. Being feminine seemed like too much work for me and besides, who was I trying to impress? None of the guys liked me even remotely.

But, I would like to at least try to be a little more feminine. I mean, I'm older and I still have the same 2 skirts I owned three years ago in my wardrobe. Nothing more, nothing less. My manager at my summer job (clothing boutique) had to pick out an outfit for a date with Boyfriend last summer because I have no fashion sense (honestly....my favorite shirt in high school was a loose-fitting plaid button down shirt....), my nails are rarely manicured....or clean for that matter...I would just like to look more presentable. But I don't know how, actually. I mean, dressing up for one day is great, but how do you maintain that?

I asked Boyfriend if he would like a more feminine me, and he hesitantly replied that would be great, but he would still love me no matter what. What do you think?

4 comments:

Beatrix Kiddo said...

If you try to maintain a more polished look, do it for yourself because you like the way you look and feel when you do, don't do it for Boyfriend. The easiest manicure I've ever been able to keep up is clipping all of my nails all the way off and getting a really bright or dark nail polish color. As for clothes, wear things that are tailored, but not skintight. It looks pretty without being too girly.

ellagood said...

always indulge a man's ideals and fantasies in the bedroom.

stay true to yourself and the look you are comfortable with during the day and then pile on the makeup, put in some extensions and wrap yourself in some silky la perla at night.

all he will think about all day long is how you will look come nightfall. how you look during the day will become foreplay.

Alisha said...

wow, thanks for the advice ladies! :)

Beatrix Kiddo said...

Hey CC- when are you going to post again? I miss your wit and sarcasm!