Sunday, May 27, 2007

Parental PDA

I love my parents. I really do. And I hope to God one day that I have the type of marriage they have. They've been married for 22 years and are very happy. And they're both young (they had me when they were 22 and got married when they were 20). So often, they're full of touches, rubs, kisses and yo momma jokes.

Parent Joke of the day (and they make these all the time and frequently):

I'm looking for a can of beans in the kitchen pantry and I call out to my dad who's in the living room with my mom.

Me: Dad, are you sure you saw Bush? (as in Bush beans...you know, the one with the talking dog in their commercial)

Dad: No, I thought I saw Bush, but.....I haven't saw any bush in a while.

Me (still thinking that he was talking about beans): You haven't seen any Bush in a while?

Dad: Nope, I definitely haven't seen any bush in a while....

Mom (slapping my dad upside the head): I heard you the first time!!!


Sigh. This is why I'm warped.

1 comment:

Maurey Pierce said...

It's great for them ... but as a daughter, I'd be a little freaked out, too.