Saturday, May 26, 2007

Sex, love and money

Ahhh!!! Readers, I'm refreshed! And in a surprisingly good mood (which is rare for a Saturday morning of which I awoke to the phone ringing, and my mother barging into my room instructing me to make breakfast for my little brother....bother, bother...)! I smell a backstory coming on:



I know in the last post I might have sounded bitchy(er than usual) about Boyfriend, but you must understand: He comes from a well off family. He's always had what he wanted, and he's always known that financially he could rely on his 'rents to up any money he might be short of. Last December, he decided he hated his job of about 4 years too much and quit. Just like that. It was during break and so he went back to school, where he never works during the school year. His parents give him the money he needs, as long as he abides by their rules. Keep in mind Boyfriend is 22 years old and a senior in college. Ahem.

Anywho, he hasn't had a job since. He came back during one of our school breaks ( I can't remember which one) and we both were broke so we couldn't do anything but hang out on my parent's couch (I'm not welcomed in his home). And when we did go out, we would always go dutch. Hey, I'm a modern woman, I can dig paying my way every now and then. But all of the freakin time?! Hell, I might as well go by myself....

He still didn't see a problem with the fact that he was dead broke. His excuse, "(whine) But I'm in school!" So? I'm 20 years old, I've got bills, credit, work in the school year and hold down two jobs during the summer. So yes, when we go out to a movie or to dinner (I'm always telling him to go somewhere cheap and he always insists on going to somewhere a little too expensive for college students), I expect him to foot the bill. What the hell else is he spending his money on?

After a big fight about his lack of wining and dining, I stopped complaining. I figured we were in a long distance relationship, and when we did see each other, we would just sit on our parents couch. To be completely honest, I was becoming bored. And I'm sure the thoughts of breaking up entered both of our minds on more than one occasion.



Back to the present day:

Yesterday, Boyfriend arrived. I was happy he made it but wasn't too excited, because I figured all we were going to do was sit on my parents couch and make out. Maybe. I wasn't really in a giving mood. I went to the mall to settle some shit with my job (another post) and Boyfriend ended up calling me, suggesting that we go see a movie, his treat. I was floored. He, the one who has limited funds until he starts his new job, was willing to treat me to a movie?


He was tired (he'd only had two hours of sleep) and I wanted to go home and get ready, so we decided to meet up later. I made it home, and within 15 minutes Boyfriend was calling.

"Hey", I answered, folding laundry.

"Hey, you wanna go ahead, get tickets to the movie early and walk around the mall?"

"Sure, "I said, looking down at my damp shirt (it has been hot here, not that nice, pleasant type of hot, that smothering type of hot, and I have leather seats in my car). "Um, when are you coming? I'm kind of folding laundry."

He ignored me. "Ready or not, here I come." Mind you, he sounded incredibly tired, and this made him sound incredibly sexy. I don't know...maybe it was because I was now warming up to the idea of our first date since......well, it had been a really long time. And, even though he was jet lag, he was attempting to hang out with me. I guess he figured he'd better get out whilst his parents were tired before they unload a million things for him to do to take up his time.

We left for the movies, Pirates of the Caribbean 3, and had to stand in line for about 15 minutes. The shows were packed. I've never seen so many teeny-boppers at the movies before! During the movie, they kept clapping during the sappy parts. Gah. Afterwards, my knee was killing me (yet another post), so he piggy backed me from the movie theater to the car, which was alllllll the way in the back of the parking lot. I thought that was sweet. I think we were both in an affectionate mood after the show, because we kept showering each other in kisses and what not.

Finally, we made it back to my house. Now, my parents live in a townhouse, which used to be a nice, quiet area. It's out in the boonies, meaning not a lot of people live out where we do. However, in the last six months, some "questionable" characters have moved in by the droves, and now new restrictions have been placed on the laundry room, fitness center, etc. Usually, during the warm weather months, Boyfriend and I would either have sex in the living room downstairs while my 'rents watch t.v. in their room upstairs, or we would grab a blanket, and sneak into the garage. We could only do this because there wasn't a lot of activity at night (i.e. cars driving by with their brights on).

Yesterday was a different story. We pulled into our parking lot, parked and proceeded to make out. Much to my chagrin, cars were still whizzing by, much to frequently for us to have a quickie in the car. And then, to our shock, we saw a patrol car drive through the parking lot slowly, as if he was.....patrolling!

"Since when did cops start being in this area?" Boyfriend asked, annoyed. We ended up going back to my house, and knocked boots before he had to go. Hmm. I think it had been a little too long since I had some. Maybe that's why I was in such a good mood this morning.


Anyway, I'm off to work (maybe I'll tell you about that tomorrow)!

No comments: