Saturday, March 10, 2007

Alkie Attack

For those who have decided to read on to the second post, you're probably sitting at your computer, sighing, and saying, "Why in the world would I want to read about her...?" Good Question. And I'm not really sure how to answer it.

For me, this is simply is a diary. As I stated in the last post, people are always bugging me to spill more when I do reveal what I'm thinking, and I just figured having a public blog would give me a chance to write/say it once and once only. :) Not that I don't love those who are interested in my life or anything...

I am 19 years of age and I go to college (University X will be its undercover name) to pursue a degree in Film. I live in the dorms, work in the office of the Film Program and complain during my leisure time. I like reading romance novels, long walks on the beach, the golden sunsets....just kidding. But honestly, how much more about me do you need to know in this post? All YOU need to know at this point is that we begin our journey dealing with the Alkies and their reign of drunken terrror.


Back history: I live with PG and IT in these jail cells of dorm rooms and Ms. IT usually drinks every night of the week. No lie. PG only drinks when she doesn't have homework or studying to do, so she downs her fire water at least 3 times a week. I, being the lightweight that I am, only drink on the weekends (or if I'm super stressed I'll have a glass during the week before bed) and can't handle more than two drinks. Result: Me never drinking with them unless I'm desperate. On Thursday, IT's older sister came by town (mind you, she's an alkie herself) and brought 2 big bottles of Arbor Mist, 1 bottle of Parot Bay, and 1 bottle of UV to town with her. While IT entertained her parents in her room next door, the sister dressed in PG and my room.

"God, I need a drink," she huffed, and cracked open the bottle of Arbor Mist. She offered PG one, who graciously took a cup, and then held the bottle over to me, who was watching with raised eyebrows.
"Well...." I started. I had told my boyfriend that I wasn't going to go out tonight, that I was just going to watch t.v. and bond with him over the phone after a long week of hard work. However, he was currently knocked out at his place, and I was feeling lonely. "I guess..." She poured me a cup and I sipped on it while PG downed it and then the sister took her share to the bathroom to drink while in the shower. By the time the sister got back, she had finished her cup and was pouring herself and PG another one. I was only half done.
"Might as well finish the bottle," she said, reaching over and filling my drink again. I slowly drank and laughed with the sister as IT walked in and surveyed the scene.

"You guys have already started drinking?," she asked, annoyed.
"Yeah, sorry," PG said, not sounding concerned at all. IT looked over at me with subtle disgust and said, "Why don't you come say hi to my parents?" Now folks, I had just woken up. My breath was kicking like Bruce Lee, my eyes were all crusty and I was not in a parent-greeting mood. My defense?

"Well, I've already met your mom," I squinted, hoping that would be enough. It wasn't.
"Come meet my dad."
"Okay, I'll be in there in a minute," I lied. She gave an irritated sigh and went back to the next room. Time to take a break and offer a little more back history:

PG and IT used to be BFFs at one point, but PG has a nasty habit of changing her best friends like she changes outfits. The results are the rest of the alkies going at each others throats because they're no longer in the loop. In IT's case, PG had to get rid of her because IT loves drinking and not paying, which is the #1 sin in college. I mean, this chick went through half a handle of Captain's once. She does not drink for fun. Result: If you have a bottle of liquor and you see IT coming, either hide it or run. Or both.

Back to the present:

We continued to drink and laugh and the rest of the alkies came by as well. I let my boyfriend know what my new plans were (he was slightly irritated but didn't make a stink) and changed into a party outfit. All the while hanging on to the SAME cup. In the meantime, the 2nd bottle of Arbor Mist had been popped open and drinks had been poured. Now, my roomie and her posse like to listen to music while they drink. If I by chance have my computer on and it's playing whatever I'm listening to, they'll decide that's not what they want to listen to and turn my computer down. Never fails. Quite personally, readers, I think that's rude. I mean, it is my room as well. I just never say anything.

Fortunately for me, the sister had a love of my future baby's daddy--Ludacris. She went to my computer (which has louder speakers) and turned on one of his hits and we started dancing, swooning, and swearing over him. IT came over, on schedule, and turned mine down to start listening to a sappy love song. The Sister looked at me:

"I know they didn't just turn our song down," she said. I nodded like an 8 year old who was about to watch his older brother get in trouble.
"They always do that to me," I said.
The sister pursed her lips and turned my computer up louder and the girls attention turned to us.
"Hey! We were listening to that song!" BMW complained.
"You guys always turn down my music when you're here," I countered.
"Yeah, who wants to listen to --- anyway?" The sister said, with a touch of "That's final" in her voice. The other alkies continued to glare at us as we bopped to Luda and finally IT snapped,
"Well, that's just rude." Her sister ignored her and suddenly, I became the secret enemy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

girl u are HILARIOUS!!! n whats wrong with BMW?!?!?! hahaha oh!!! and incase u didn't kno... I AM DATING COACH BELLS NEPHEW BRIAN BELL!! hahahaha but damn girl.. sounds like valley, DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA!!! but girl u say how it is.... hmmm... I WANT TO BE IN A STORY!!! hahahahhaah how about ur next write up is about what u would do if i was with u in ur room right now... u kno... galaxy n g-pookie... together... in the bedroom... LET UR IMAGINATION RUN WILD!! hahahahahahahha

Alisha said...

galaxy, you are so weird! hahaha and there's nothing wrong with BMW, it's just that you're open with who you like and she's just looking for an escape from the Beverly Hills life....but thanks for the comments! And if I did a write-up about galaxy and g-pookie, it would be flagged as explicit..... :)

galaxy said...

well shit!! GET TO WRITTEN!!!! I kno the people out here ain't ready for all that... but shitttt everyone has to learn someday!!! hahahahaha