Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Work, Work, Work

Dear Readers,

Save. Me. Now. Mid-term Hell has finally began to work on me, and although I only have 2 more days before it's all over, it's going to be the longest two days of my life. Let's give a quick re-cap of all that's happened in the last 24 hours:

1. I'm turning in my letter of resignation into my job today. I've had enough of being the assistant who gets paid close to nothing, is made to feel like a complete ass on a daily basis, and have to walk around on eggshells during the measly hours she works. Definitely not worth it. I'm a sophomore in college, there's plenty of other ass I could kiss in my future.

2. I'm filming more for a class project today--yay. Nothing like standing over hot lights and nervous actresses in a small cramped dorm room to bring out the beauty in the film making process.

3. I received word that next year I'll be the dreaded RA. I'm ecstatic (no, really). Even though being an RA puts a complete halt to your social life (which is the reason most college students stay as far away from it as possible) it keeps you around $6,000 out of debt yearly--enough reason for me to go against the odds and have no life for the next few years. If I wasn't operating on about 3 hours of sleep, I'd leap for joy again.

4. My boyfriend has officially gained favor with his parents again, and is worthy of carrying their name (for now). I haven't introduced my boyfriend and his pyschotic family so far, and because it's one of my favorite stories to tell, I'll have to save that for tomorrow. Trust me, you'll get a kick out of this.

Till then!

5 comments:

Irish and Jew said...

They pay you to be an RA? I guess i should've known that... i thought the ra at my old school really cared about my stupid problems... she was def. just lookin to get paid ;)

-Jew

Irish and Jew said...

Oh and by the way, i just read the rest of the posts and realized this is a journal/gossip blog and I LOVE IT! keep posting!!

-J

Alisha said...

Thanks so much for the support, J, I will definitely keep posting!

Anonymous said...

First of all, I love your blog. Second of all, your job description sounds an awful lot like one for one of my jobs ;)! Maybe it's just the luck of us college girls to get crappy jobs with zero benefits. Hmm ...

Alisha said...

thanks, allie! :)