Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Cut From The Same Cloth...

I have a friend who is a lot like me. Scarily, actually. She's opinionated, has to know and do everything, she's bossy, attractive (according to the hordes of men that she says are always trying to talk to her) and she knows it.....yadda yadda yadda, she's me. Which is fine. Except for she drives me nuts sometimes.


A question that has been on my mind is: What if I dated someone who was the opposite of Boyfriend--and exactly like me? We would be like minded a lot like Friend and I are. We would worry about similar things all the time (I'm a worry wart--and actually had to do some time in therapy because my obsessing was getting out of control), we would fight because both of us would have to be right all the time or close to it, we would need to know what's going on because over all we would both be control freaks.


The very thought is terrifying. I'm not taking up for Boyfriend, who is the complete opposite of me, but I am saying that I don't think I would want to date someone who would be a lot like me. So the question is: what do I want? How does one figure that out?

No comments: