Thursday, June 14, 2007

Menstrual Madness

Last month, I decided to be smart. Boyfriend was in town, I didn't have to start working yet, and I decided I didn't need my monthly gift either. So, with the blessing of modern technology (birth control), I skipped my flow. For only God knows what reason, this month I decided to have it, and be one with my body, in tune with Nature, yadda yadda yadda.

I guess my period's pissed off at me for ditching it. Cause it came back with a vengence. And it brought a nasty little cold sore with it. You know, the one that everyone keeps looking at on the sly because it looks so disgusting? Yeah. That's me.

In lieu of bodily wonders, I've hit a financial (and thus social) slump, and have been kind of depressed. Hence, the lack of blogging. Who wants to read about someone else's boring problems? I prefer to write when I have the juicy, funky goodness.

However, on a more positive note, Boyfriend and I are working on our ever evolving sex life. I finally broke down and told him yesterday on our 2 year anniversary that I was a) sick of not having orgasms during sex b) worried because I can't have orgasms during sex c) feeling slightly unenthusiastic about sex in general and d) glad I was finally finding the courage to tell him.

Don't get me wrong--he's known about my orgasmic problems since we've started having sex.

And he's done all that he knows how (remember, we lost our virginity to each other). So it's not his fault. He's constantly asking what he can do, looking at different books, etc. which is one of the reasons I love him. It was just...me. I've hit some type of sexual pit, fallen in, and am now just deciding to climb out. As you may recall, I was on the prowl when I first met him. I was a Prowless. I was a prowling thing-a-ma-bob. You get the point. But now I'm beginning to feel like the frumpy house wife. I refuse to allow sex to feel like it's all for his ultimate enjoyment while I get the short end of the stick--you know, feeling connected, compassion, oneness, and all of the emotional b.s. I want a killer orgasm and I want it now!

This of course excites him to no end (another reason why I love him) and he's ready to give this new sexual attitude a try the next time we see each other. I'll let you know how it turns out...

Oh yeah! Have I ever told about the night we lost our virginity? No? Hmm...maybe tomorrow....

2 comments:

dreaminglily said...

Ah you're to that icky point in your sex life... Yep, that one is really hard to get out of. Really hard.

I went through that too, about erm... what "did it" for me. Ever since the boy toy and I talked things through, got really open and honest, things have been steadily improving.(He'd love to know I've just called him that lol he'll find it hilarious...)

But if you're being completely honest with him and yourself, which I think you are, and know yourself well enough physically to know what you need... I don't really know what to suggest. Maybe talking to your dr to see if there's an underlying issue?

As for the evil monthly visitor lol I can't imagine skipping even one period as bad as my cramps get. I actually need to go see a doctor, they're way beyond normal. But if I miss one month for some reason (sometimes if I get sick, etc) the next one is... hell on earth. So I sympathize lol

Oh and PS, boyfriend and I were each other's first's too :o)

j;ljk said...

Haha, I've never orgasmed while having sex with a guy either. Some girls get orgasms so easily, it makes me jealous! Hopefully your sex life spices up, and your period is getting better!