Friday, April 13, 2007

Mo Hair!

Hey guys, sorry it's been a few days since the last post...I'm still living, I promise. The problem is this was my first week of being done with work and I took the opportunity to catch up on my school work. However, things have still been developing, as usual. Okay, here we go:

Alkie Front: Talked to my RA yesterday and she was very supportive in knowing what was going on between the alkies and me. Actually, she doesn't really care for them and I think she was kind of thrilled that I had cursed IT out....Anywho, the drunks and I still aren't speaking, and one night PG said to IT (who was lying on our futon), "Okay, I'm going to sleep in my own bed tonight, I mean it. " The way she said it let me know she was giving me heads up. Then she added, "See? I made my bed as an incentive...." Huh. I didn't even know she knew big words such as incentive, but nonetheless, she ended up coming into our room around 8:30 in the a.m. and slept until 10. She's a trooper, that PG.

Boyfriend Front: You know, in my past posts I haven't said to much about what's happening currently with Boyfriend, but as Mama always says, "No new is good news." He's doing fine, still supportive and loving. And very horny.....

Saved Sinners Front: I've never cried in front of the Saved Sinners. Never. It's like, a sign of weakness or something. Early this semester, I slipped on ice and banged my knee pretty badly. After being out of commission for about a week, I ended up healing enough to limp around campus and return to class. After about a month, I was back in the club. However, ever now and then my knee will let me know that it wasn't happy about our fall, and swell. The other day, my knee was hurting so bad that by the time the day was over I felt like I was going to pass out. I got take-out for dinner, took the campus shuttle service back to the dorms, and was about to limp my pathetic butt in bed when I received a text from Denouncer, saying, "Hey, we're all in the cafe, you should come down."

I don't know what possessed me to respond saying I'd be there in a minute (maybe it was the pain), but the next thing I knew I was sitting in a chair, attempting to pull myself together while 16 (count em, 16) of black girls, including the Sinners, sat at the next table laughing and having a good time. Instigator and Denouncer were sitting right by me, but Denouncer wasn't paying attention to me. Instigator, however, sees everything, and immediately asked, "You okay?" That was about as loving as she was going to get. I nodded, put on a brave smile, and continued to try to eat my shrimp. Suddenly, tears began to fall and I tried to turn my head away to cover myself. In the end, the tears wouldn't stop, so I hastily threw on my coat, grabbed my food and bookbag, and tried to walk. I made it two steps away before I almost collapsed, and began sobbing sitting halfway in a chair. My knee had finally won.

Readers, here's the kicker (excuse the pun): Out of 16 girls all watching me, no doubt, only Instigator got up and helped grab my things and walked me back to my room. Sure, it was for pure gossip purposes (she kept asking me if I was all right, and then would hint that she was sure it was something Boyfriend had done because in her experience, all girls ever cried about like that was guys...ugh), but still, at least shes had a little human in her at that moment. The rest just watched me for a moment and then kept on laughing and joking as if I hadn't damn near died next to them. Well, you can't beat honesty, can you?


New Friend Front: All right, technically she isn't a new friend, I've been kicking it with her since the beginning of the semester. However, it seems like we've been friends forever. She's older (score 1) and she's mature (score 2). Also, she likes the same goofy things I do (for example, next weekend we're going to the zoo). So, for blogging purposes, I will call her Amiga, because she's from my Spanish class.

Hair Front: I've had about 12 orgasms over my hair since the last post, because I've taken out my braids and am rocking it natural for now. I twisted it last night and wore it in a twist out this morning and received tons of compliments on it. Keep checking future posts for more details on how black girls rock their natural curls! :)

Okay, so my eyes aren't 100% better, and I think my optometrist might shit goose eggs if I continually strain them now, so I'm going to sign off. Hopefully next week I can get into the swing of blogging again. Till then!

2 comments:

Beatrix Kiddo said...

I know it's been said many times before, but... Girls are mean! Guys can be rude or ignorant, but girls are way more vindictive and callous. I can't believe sixteen girls would just ignore someone obviously in distress. That's just plain snotty.

Irish and Jew said...

Ohhh twists look fun! I LOVE curly hair, this girl from my work has the best curl pattern i have ever seen in my life. Her hair is black with red and blond streaks. She is my hair role model.

-Jew